Thursday, June 21, 2007

News!

First of all, before I go any further, I want to thank each of you that came to our home last night to pray for me. We both appreciate it so much.

Next, I had to come in today to the Cancer Center because I have a Urinary Tract Infection. I began treatment yesterday and was to continue for one hour today and one hour tomorrow.

However, when I got here today my Doctor saw me sitting in the waiting from of the treatment center and walked over to talk to us because he said that as soon as he saw me, he knew something was wrong. He wasn't here yesterday. He said that I am extremely dehydrated. He also said that my blood count was .07 again and that he was going to admit me. He also asked me what should he do to know that I am sick. I told him that I was just really tired and cold and I don't have an appetite right now. He said that I am opposite of the little boy that cries wolf. He can't know I am sick if I don't call him. He asked me how much pain I was in and I told him none. He said that for me, we are going to have to figure out some way to tell if I am in pain...I told him that my Mom had an extremely high tolerance for pain and maybe I am the same way. He looked at Barry and Barry said she's not a complainer and she really hasn't said anything about hurting, just the mouth sores and no appetite and tired, but we attributed it all to the chemo and anti-body.

Anyway I will be here for 3 or 4 days and during that time they are going to do a CT Scan, he said it would be like a sneak preview of the PET Scan.

I am going to be in a private room as soon as one becomes available. I can't have any fresh fruits, veggies, flowers or anyone sick around me. Well visitors are always appreciated!

Hopefully I will feel like blogging more soon!

The doctor says that once I get re-hydrated and he can take care of the UTI and the mouth sores, I should feel as good as new! Hurray!

Love you all!

23 comments:

Jim said...

Arlene, I didn't think I could wish pain on anyone but now Iv'e found you.
It sure is a good thing your doctor could sense something was wrong.
Best wishes for a speedy GET WELL and get out (of the hospital).
I will be praying double time for you now.
..

Mrs. Mac said...

A double dose of prayers being said for you to "get out of jail free" asap. Thank goodness that dr took notice of your condition. Blessings

Pilgrim Pals said...

Oh we love you too Arlene and we are so thankful for Sara'a letting us know what is happening to you.
It is late now but I will tell my mom tomorrow and she willl be praying for you too.
Have a good rest Arlene and Barry...God is with you!..Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Arlene, You sound like your aunt Zella. She never complains and we don't know she is sick until she is very sick. I will let my mom and dad know the latest and to continue in prayer for you both. My prayers are with you and Barry as well.

Love you guys,
Monica

Anonymous said...

Arlene, I continue to pray for you. Chuck and I would love to come over to visit when you are able to have people who aren't sick cuz you know what sick humor Chuck has and he might infect you. Be well quickly. We miss you guys.

august032012 said...

Arlene,
God is going to help you through this mountain. Remember my song..that's no hill for a climber, no battle for a child of God, Satan has already been defeated and YOUR battle has already been won! God WILL heal you! He will!
I love you so very much...and let me know when you can accept visitors..when your healthy!
Lisa, Ron, Jake and Lindsey

Margie said...

love you! praying for quick healing!

Angel said...

Mary Marshall-Johnson and Angel love you and are praying for you! Please, tell us where you are so we can come see you. Also, send us a phone number so we can chat a bit!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord Jesus, please be with your daughter Arlene. Please touch her in such a special way, and may she feel Your arms of Love and comfort round about her. Please remind her that you're still in control, and You are always there for her whenever she calls to you. May she rest in the shadow of the Almighty, and may Your perfect peace flood her body and soul. Grant her the patience and strength to go through all that You have in store for her, Father. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

-Rose

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Jim,

Thank you so much. I have an awesome doctor. Thanks for your double time prayers, I need them!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Mrs. Mac,

Thank you so much for your prayers and your love!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Terry, Dear,

You are so kind and I DO appreciate your prayers!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Monica,

Thanks for keeping in touch. I know your parents know how to touch the heart of God. Love you girl!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Lori,

If you guys want to visit me here I am at Oakwood in Dearborn. Did you mean at home or here? If you come here, I am listed under Nora Wilburn, cause Arlene is my middle name.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

If You Can See What I See,

Welcome to blogworld. Glad to see you joined us. You will find many loving people here. You are welcome to come to the hospital or wait until I get out. Up to you guys!

I love your blog and I know that it will minister to many other women because of that song on it. Awesome girl.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Margie,

Thanks. I love you too!

Pat said...

Sister Girlfriend -
Since I know that God is renewing and restoring you every moment of the day - my question is....
What time do you want to meet at Applebee's for lunch? I'm ready when you are!
Hal and I love you and keep praying for you - God reigns!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Angel, Thank you so much for everything and all of your's and the rest of 80 Strong's prayers. Thank each of the ladies for me and tell them that I love them all and miss them!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

resting in psalms 37,
thank you so much for all of your kind comments. I am not sure if I know you or not, but thank you anyway. It is always good to know that people are praying for you.

Amrita said...

Dear Arlene, Pray you get over that UTI and your blood count goes up, you are re-hydrated too. once that 's done you 'll feel better. wish i could take some of your pain and discomfort. I too have a high threshold of pain.My aunt Sybil is also a silent sufferer, we have to guess that she is sick.
God is with you Arlene and Barry too.

Felisol said...

Dear Arlene,
I'm so sad because of all the pain and illness yore bearing just now.
This was tough news.
I am paying you a visit through my computer all the way from Norway, shearing one of my dearest Bible quotes, God's promise to you:
Hebrew 13:5
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
The Lord strengthen, lead and comfort you.

Pilgrim Pals said...

A stranger to U Arlene and Barry - but thru Terry and David at pilgrim pals , am aware of your trials --- Eph 1:19 , Hoping that HE GIVES U ENCOURAGEMENT and Arlene , whats best of all is - THAT HE IS ABLE TO DO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT WE BELIEVE HIM TO DO , SO MUCH DOES HE LOVE U and has allowed this to come upon U , HE raised HIS SON and HE can raise U -- even now, as a testimony - just be encouraged sister in the LORD --------- passing-thru

Terry said...

Good night Sweet Arlene...There are so many of God's people praying for you and Barry...Love Terry