Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Finally Home!

Early yesterday afternoon the doctor came in my room and asked if I wanted to go home. I said sure. He asked me if I felt like I could handle it and I said yes. Well, I still had some medicine to take, so I did finally get to leave about 6:45 pm. That was a very long day.

Apparently I was so extremely dehyrdrated that he told us that if I had passed out, he wasn't sure if they could have "brought me back" from the "other side". Thank God the doctor saw me sitting in the waiting room.

I was fed this huge amount of food every day. I couldn't taste it or feel it but I guess in the end I could tell a huge difference. I have a great appetite again and I feel like talking and I'm not sleeping nearly as much as I had been. I am usually a person to sleep 6 - 8 hours a night, but 6 is usually ok with me. I was sleeping 12 - 13 hours a night and still very tired. I did take a 2 1/2 hour nap today, but that's a lot less than what I was doing.

I had a largest bag of fluids every day that I have ever seen as well, so I am totally hydrated. Thank you Lord. You know what is kind of scary to me though...how easily I could have died and yet feel so good now. Wow!

Yesterday Barry asked Dr. Momin about how long could expect someone to live with liver cancer and he shot Barry a glance and said this is not liver cancer. It is colon cancer and it has metastasized to the liver and lungs. Dr. Momin said in most cases one or two months. She is way passed that.

He did tell Barry to pay particular attention to me regarding how I looked on Thursday when he saw me as compared to how I look now. Dr. said last night your wife told me that she now has the sparkle back in her eyes. She does.


I have an appointment for 8:00 am Tuesday, July 3 for the PET Scan. I will then see Dr. Momin at 1:15 on Thursday, July 5th for the results. Please keep this in prayer.

I have lost all of my hair now, but even that doesn't bother me. I am alive and well and can't wait to get out there to serve the Lord like I am used to.

Thank you all so very, very much for your concern and prayer! Will blog more later. Love you all!

15 comments:

Sara said...

hallelujah! i can't say that enough. and i'm so glad you gave us your doctor's name; he just got added to my list! God bless and increase dr. momin in wisdom and strength! and just plain bless him all over the place! wow, i'm using lots of exclamation points, aren't i? lol. i'm so happy you're home. now you be good and go eat a whole watermelon or something. love you bunches. BY HIS STRIPES.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you so much my good and faithful friend. Thank you for praying for my doctor. Without a doubt, he is a godsend. I appreciate everything you have said and done for and to me. Thank you for your strong stance in Christ. You have changed my life through Him also!

Terry said...

Oh for sure!.."BY HIS STRIPES Sara!

Arlene, I will post this in the Pilgrim Pal blog.
Everybody will be so happy but we will still all be praying!!
Praying for Barry too and for your prison work and for anyone in the hospital that you spoke the gospel to and even your doctor!!Love Terry

jel said...

BigHUGG :)

passing-thru said...

WONDERFUL TESTIMONY

WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY DAILY

HIS LOVE for U and Barry

Amrita said...

Romans 8 ;37
Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

Take plenty of rest nad eat up get your strength up. Praise God.

Pat said...

What Amrita said!!!
So happy you're home - and the sparkle is back in your eyes. When I read this I had tears of joy in my eyes.
continue to go stronger and "sparklier" - we love you!!!!

Margie said...

Welcome home!! I am sure Jesus met you where you were, and carried you through it all!! And gave you the biggest hug on the porch!!
Loveyou and we will continue to pray

MSU gal said...

glad you are home!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and the sparkle has returned....will contimue to pray....

hugs
donna

KayMac said...

Welcome home!!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

So happy to read that you're back home with your sparkle!!! Will write down about the July 3rd test and the results on the 5th ... praying for you each day sweetie.

Jim said...

Hi Arlene -- Sorry this is late, but Hallelujah, Halleluyah, Alleluia!

I've been a little 'out of pocket' but now sure will put you BIG TIME on my July 3 calandar. [I pray every day for you, your family, your medical care givers, and your situation.]
..

august032012 said...

God is saying to you today honey..."You do the trusting and I'll do the taking" HE is going to continue to "take" this thing! 13 years ago, July 1, 1994, they diagnosised Ron...told me he wouldnt make it..and look at him now! You know it..because you walked it with me. So now we are walking with you, praying and know that God is taking this!!
We love you!
Ron, Lisa, Jake and Lindsey

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

I don't even know what to say with everyone's kindness. It is overwhelming to both Barry & me! Thank you...you have all truly shown the love of the Lord! God bless. Arlene