Sunday, June 24, 2007

New Prayer Requests

These are some of the problems that some of our former inmates are facing: Life is tough on the outside for many of them!


Mary’s Daughter – Marie - Won't do like she should, sleeping around and very, very rebellious. Sleeps on the street sometimes and has seen way more than a girl her age should have to see by her own will.

Patricia Cobb – Trying to Get Baby Back - Has given her heart and life to the Lord, but was on drugs before. Her sister now has her baby and won't give her back. The sister and her husband are not serving the Lord in any way.

Irene – Lesbian relationship -this lady was a minister of the Gospel.

Angel’s baby girl, Kiera, 18, quit college and moved out of state to be with some guy. Angel is having a hard time with that. Both of them need prayer desperately.

This will be transitional housing for ladies coming out of prison or that are just on the streets. Opens July 15th – The Jubilee House – Free Indeed Church – Gratiot and Mack

____________________________________________________________

These are not related to the prisons:

Debbie to quit smoking. She is also having some physical problems with her blood pressure right now.

The 50 kids that were at a friend’s funeral from suicide this week that gave their lives to Christ.

Prayer for the man that was sitting by a restaurant, laying and nearly falling in Telegraph. He said he’s not a bad guy, then he said yes I am. Pray for him. He was very drunk and very far away from home.

___________________________________________________________

Short update on me: Today I am feeling stronger and stronger. They are feeding me through my port and it seems to be strengthening me. My blood count is still extremely low, but I am expecting that to come up quickly. I had several other tests that came back negative for any kind of bugs in places that they didn't need to be. Praise be to God. I love you all!

Ok, the doctor just came in at 10:00 pm to talk to me. He ask me if I was comfortable going home. I said yes. They are going to feed me for the next 24 hours and Tuesday I get to go home. My blood level is still low, but he is trusting that by Tuesday it will be going up. He said that the next treatment, which is the last one I will be taking, he is going to put off until at least another week. He thinks I need the break and I agree, then he will test me with a PET Scan again after the 4th of July. Thank you Lord!

13 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Arlene...just checking in on you before I go to bed and here you are not even thinking about yourself but you are thinking of the dear prisoners and others that are needing prayer.
I don't really want to bundle them all up, so I will print out this post so I can see their names.

It is good that you will be staying in the hospital till Tuesday.
That way you will be a little bit stronger when you go home.
Are you still going to take the last Chemo treatment Arlene?
Let Sara know because she is the messenger to the rest of us!

Take care and have a great rest and I will be praying still for you and Barry and the rest of your requests....Love Terry

PS Thank you so much for praying for my friend Felisol and her darling daughter, Serina..

passing-thru said...

Take Heart Arlene -

God's people know your name

Grace is Greater than all our needs and HE CAN SUPPLY

I think Praising Him is a key too - we all need to do more of that

Lord Bless

Amrita said...

Hallelujah Our God is an awesome God. In my heart I am doing a praise dance.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Terry, the last treatment is no chemo but it is an anti-body. Yes, I had intended to take it all of the time. At that point he will give me some tests just so he can tell me that he has very good news...now I am speaking that by faith, but I do believe it! I don't believe I can do any more chemo it has been just too hard on my body. That is not my plan at this time. Thank you for caring!

Sara said...

thanks for sharing those request and most of all, for the update on you. sounds like things are moving in the right direction! praise God! BY HIS STRIPES.

Anonymous said...

Trusting and praising God....and praying for all your requests...

Hugs,
donna

Jim said...

Hi Arlene -- Just to let you know I have been praying for you a lot lately [not much blogging though]. I know you feel God is watchiing over you and the medical help.
Bou can't feel any differently with all the prayers, can you?
Mrs. Jim and I were part of a 24 hour prayer vigil last night for two friends here, Vera, and Wayne. Both are in similar situations witheir chemo and their strength as you.
For some reason while praying for them last night, you into my prayers also.
Please get rested good now so you can come home tuesday.

Becky said...

:):):)

Pat said...

We love you!!!

Terry said...

Dear Arlene...All the best of your going home today.
That would be so nice!..Love Terry

Margie said...

Welcome Home. Imagine Jesus standing on the porch, ready to give you a big hug!!

jel said...

You are one special lady, ya know that ! ;)


thank you for putting these prayer requests on your blog!


fly by hugging!

Sara said...

hooray! you're home! Jesus is so good!