Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tristin

Yesterday I took Tristin shopping with me. I was going to Penney's to take back an outfit I didn't really like that I bought for a wedding on Saturday night. I wasn't planning to take him, but he really begged to go with me. Amber had taken him to the doctor earlier and his blood count was low. I didn't know how he would be and I figured most little boys or big boys for that matter, don't like to shop. Tristin, however, I found out, loves to shop. He said Granny I yuv to shop. He doesn't say his "l's" well. He talks so cute.
He went through Penney's with me like a little trooper. He seemed to enjoy every second of it. Granny, can we go on the alligator. I said Tristin, yes we can, but it's an elevator. He said ok, can we go on the alligator now. I said el-e-va-tor. He repeated it and then the next time he mentioned it, it was back to alligator again. Why fight "city hall"? He's so much smarter than me.
I took him over to buy him a new pair of shoes, just cause I wanted to. He LOVES 'lightin a queen" from the movie Cars. I found a pair of tennis shoes that were light up "lightin a queen" and asked him if he wanted them. Granny, (kind of disgusted) those shoes are too small, they won't fit me. I proceeded to try to explain to him that they were just for display and they would have them in his size. The lady tried them on, in his size of course, and he started running up and down to get them to light up. It was so cute. We went to the register and the lady said to me, oh, you get a second pair for $1.00. Now that's a bargain I couldn't pass up, so I found a pair of blue sandals. Did I mention blue is his very favorite color? I showed them to him and the display pair was smaller than the 1st pair. Granny, again, very disgusted, they are too small. Well he got two pair of shoes and was just so happy.
Last night they had to take him to the hospital because his symptoms became worse (it was just a virus, thank God) anyway, he wanted to wear his shoes. Today they put him in a camouflage outfit and he still wanted to wear his shoes.
I feel like I am the most blessed woman in the world. Thank you Lord, Jesus!
Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Psalms 127:3

9 comments:

Margie said...

what a sweetie!

Pat said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I always thought he was so precious, I can see why you'd just want to love on him all the time!

Amber Land said...

I hate the shoes! They dont match camo pants or cargo pants, which I tried to put on him today before changing him into jeans because he wouldn't wear his other shoes. Next time buy him clear shoes as they will match everything and their will be no fights! Thank you in advance for your support! LOL

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Sorry, he gets what he wants when he's with me!

Pat said...

Amber you crack me up!
Ditto to you Arlene!!

Anonymous said...

Tristin rules! You know Am your not gonna be wearing the shoes, so noone cares if you like them or not, at least they dont have to be duct taped to his feet!!! Yeah, whatcha got to say now!!

Amber Land said...

Your very funny! At least I didn't lock my keys in the car, get in and still not realize they were in there! By the way he hates to wear shoes too!

Sara said...

don't be afraid; but mac thinks tristin is too cool for the room.

Amber Land said...

Don't worry Tristin thinks he is too! Just ask him!