Friday, April 6, 2007

Good? Friday


When I think about what today means...it's nearly more than I can handle. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have been Jesus many years ago today! The beating, the flesh being ripped from Him. The sacrifice...oh, the sacrifice. I also can't imagine being the One that would take away the sins of the entire world from then until the end of time. It is mind boggling to me. It is beyond my comprehension.

It is also beyond my comprehension to think about the people that were there. Especially His mother. Wow, as a Mom, I can 't imagine, nor would I want to imagine, watching my child die in such a horrible fashion.

Why would anyone want to give ME eternal life? Why would He want to give YOU eternal life? What a sacrifice that was. The amazing thing to me is that His blood still flows freely to forgive us. Talk about Grace. Talk about Love. Talk about Forgiveness.

We hear all of the time that someone would give their lives for another. I would venture to say, not too many of us would if it actually came down to it.

I would say that today is a Good Friday! It is redemption, love, sacrifice, forgiveness and so much more! Have a Good Day!

It is finished! John 19:30

3 comments:

Terry said...

Hello Arlene...I just saw you on Pat's site and you sounded so nice, I thought I would take a look see at you!
I noticed that you are in the prison minsitry..That is so nice!!
Did you know that "The Parker Trio" were in that ministry,
The last time we saw them a year and a half ago in Hamilton Mohawk College, they were telling us that they would go in the prison and sing for the guys. one guy that really gave them a hard time at the beginning of the concert came up to Shannon after the concert and told her that he had been saved because of hearing the gospel at THAT prison concert...What a blessing.
Warren died tragically in an accident a few months later.

Well as usual I am talking too much but I am so excited for you that you are visiting prisoners and I will pray for you.

Have a Blessed Easter. The picture is very moving!!...Terry...friend of Pat and Mrs. Mac..

Sara said...

what a good friday it is; for us. i went to work bothered to be working today but at the end of the day i realized what a great time to share the hope of the world to those lost...i wonder if i will ever make it through a good friday without crying? i hope not. and we haven't even left for church yet! love you guys.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Terry,

Thanks for dropping by and the kind comments that you presented on my blog. I don't know the Parker Trio but that doesn't matter as long as they are seeing souls saved. I take it Warren was one of them. So sad.

You have a Blessed Easter as well! Talk to you again!