Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy 70th Birthday Sis!




Today is my only sister's 70th birthday. She does not look 70 and I can't believe she is. She doesn't seem like she is that old and can clean circles around me. She always could though. It's one of her gifts or at times we have thought maybe it was a curse. I never had that gift. She used to be so bad...when anyone came to her house to smoke, she would clean the ashtray before they were done. She's mellowed out now though and that's a good thing.

We are all taking her to dinner tomorrow night to honor her life. We will be going to Applebee's only because most other restaurants couldn't fit our small...but growing family in.

Her husband that is 81 and doesn't look or act it at all
Her twin daughters will be there
Her three granddaughters
Her one great granddaughter
Barry & Me
Amber (Our daughter) and her husband, Chad
and their two little ones - Kaitlynne has to go to her dad's this weekend.

It should be a nice time for all. Any suggestions as to what to get her? She's not one of those people that say, oh, I don't want anything. She enjoys getting. Mostly she has a heart so big and enjoys giving. This is her day though, so there will be no giving to any of us! Enjoy, my dear Sister! I love you!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Birthday Peggy!!
You guys looks like a couple of kids!

Margie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Get her a massage, and get one for yourself too, then you can spend the afternoon together!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Great idea, Margie, but I don't think she would even consider it. I would for sure!

KayMac said...

happy birthday!

Sara said...

happy birthday peggy! we love you! how about a family portrait? new vacuum bags?