Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thankful!

Barry
First and foremost I know and love Jesus with all of my heart! More importantly, He loves ME! Wow! The King of the Universe loves me!

I'm thankful for so many things:

My wonderful husband - Pastor J was over this week to bid a job on our roof and he asked me something I don't know if I have ever been asked before...he asked me if Barry has treated me good through this whole chemo thing. I really thought he was kidding, but quickly realized he wasn't. I told him Barry had treated me great through this entire thing and his response was something like, it is good to have good marriages. I don't ever want to take that for granted again. I didn't mean to, it's just our way of life!

My daughter & son-in-law - that they love God and each other so much. It's awesome to see them together and how much love and respect they have.

My wonderful grand kids - they are truly lights in what we will call "a tough time". They are always smiling and laughing and making us laugh. It's so fun and such an honor to be able to watch them grow. You see, my prayer to God is that I will be able to dance at each of their weddings!

Our many, many friends. It is incredible how many people show that they care and love you when you are going t-h-r-o-u-g-h tough times. Thanks be to God for each of you!

My heritage. My home church, where I learned much about God and His love for me while I was growing up. Speaking of that, Barry and I often say that we don't know of another group of people from church that has kept up with each other throughout the years like this group.

My husband's job. It's not something to take for granted these days. We have wonderful insurance and that is a true blessing, especially given what I have gone through. 5 days in the hospital was $57,000 and we didn't have to pay one red cent. One of God's blessings that can't be appreciated enough.

The Prison Ministry that God has given us. We have gained so many friends from this ministry. I'm talking about the inmates and former inmates! It is awesome!

Yes, God has been good to us and kept us and loves and protects us.

Jeremiah 29:11 (TMSG)


I know the plans I have for you.
Plans to give you the future you hoped for.
That verse certainly applies to all of us!

12 comments:

Margie said...

you are so blessed. I hope I meet someone like that in my life too! someday...

Pat said...

You are so blessed to have the wonderful husband God gave you--and Barry is equally blessed to have you!
I also embrace our wonderful friends and church heritage from so many years ago. We are truly family.
I plan to dance at your grand-kids weddings too - I may be on a walker, but I'll be dancing!!

Sara said...

barry rocks.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Pat - walkers are good! Whatever works for ya!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Margie - We will pray that you do meet that special someone!

Sara - you've got a rocker too!

Amber Land said...

I have never understood the term one red cent, why is it red? More importantly my kids are never getting married, they are going to stay at home with me and Chad forever. So cancel all the dancing plans, but maybe we can have a party.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Yeah, I said the same thing and look, you just keep multiplying! Have you ever looked at a penny? It is copper -- that's red.

Jada's Gigi said...

we all have SO many things to be thankful for...saying them out loud now and then is good too...

Pat said...

Guess mom told you Amber. :)

Amber Land said...

I know, what a sass.

Anonymous said...

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived... this is to have succeeded."
A friend

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you to whomever anonymous is. How very, very kind!