Monday, March 5, 2007

Peace That Passes All Understanding!




Since I am beginning my 1st blog, I am not sure how often I will blog, but here goes!

Hopefully it will be an encouragement to someone! Someone who is going through what I have been going through!

I was driving down the expressway minding my own business on Thursday in May 2006 when God interrupted my thoughts. He told me that just one drop of His precious blood would heal anyone. Just ONE! I thought, great, this is what I will speak on tonight at the ladies prison. I just hadn't gotten anything to speak on before that. I knew that I was supposed to go home and mix up some red food coloring with water and put it in a bottle with a eye dropper.

I was on my way to get my nails done. Then I realized, I better stop and get gas, cause I wouldn't want to mess my nails up after I got them done. As I was at the gas station, my cell phone rang. When it did, I couldn't tell who was calling, so I answered it. It was my doctor's office. My cancer levels were up! Not a good phone call. I wasn't worried about it though, well, maybe a little bit, but not too much. I had been trying to get this blood test for about 6 months but the doctor's office said that insurance wouldn't cover it. I finally got pretty aggressive with them and they gave me the test.

I went and got my nails done. My mind was wandering a little here and there. All of a sudden I realized that I couldn't take that "blood" into the prison. That Word was for ME!

We went to the prison that night and ministered on healing. I asked the ladies to pray for me and then I asked each of them that currently had cancer to come up for prayer or those that had previously had cancer to come up for prayer. There were probably about 10 ladies that came forward. One of the ladies had just passed from cancer, so it was hard for them.

I took in scriptures for them to read over and over and over because hearing comes by the Word. It just depends how many times we want to hear it. It depends how many times we decide to let it into our Spirit and our hearts. The more we say it, the more we believe it and faith begins to rise up!

I went to the doctor the next week and he didn't have good news. I needed to go find an Oncologist. At that point, we decided that I needed to change doctors. I needed someone that understood how important these blood tests were.

I went to a doctor that was new. Whether she was new to the practice of totally new to the profession, she did not say. We believe she was just new to the practice. She told me that the cancer had spread from my colon (which I had in 2004) and it had gone into my liver and possibly lungs. Well, that surely wasn't what I expected. She also told me that she had seen only one person live more than 3 years with what I had, but most that she knew of only lived 12 - 20 months. Great diagnosis! Not exactly what you want to hear. She was very calloused and cold. She would give me chemo and I would be without life in a short time. 12 - 20 months is a very long time if you are waiting for something exciting to happen in your life; i.e. wedding, new home being built or whatever else you are looking forward to. 12 - 20 months when it comes to your life is VERY short.

Since we had already been through Colon cancer in 2004, we knew that it wasn't a fun time we were facing. I had taken chemo pills for 6 months and then the doctor never said another word to me. I assumed (without much intelligence) that I was cancer free. He never offered to test me or anything else. I didn't know because they said that no cancer had gotten out of the enclosed colon. The chemo was just a precaution.

I was telling my girlfriend about how this lady doctor treated us when we went to her office. She called back and said that her brother's Oncologist wanted to see me right away, that day. We believe then and now, that it was a God-thing. How many doctors do you know that ask to see you, especially when they don't even know you?

I have now been through 4 months of chemotherapy and most of the cancer is gone. I am now in treatment every other Monday for this antibody to kill the rest of the small cells that are there. The tumors have reduced greatly and the doctor still expects them to completely be gone.



Will post more later!

7 comments:

Pat said...

I'm so happy you got your blog up and running ~ you have so much to share with people and I know that lives will be touched!
This is a great first blog and I look forward to all those that will follow!

Jada's Gigi said...

Stopping over from Pat's blog..sounds like the Lord is really doing a work in you...

KayMac said...

Welcome to blog world. Thanks for sharing your story and what God is doing in your life.

Sara said...

i am so happy to see you here! you've got so much to share. love you!

Mrs. Mac said...

Looking forward to the blessing of reading your blog.

Deb said...

Hi! Pat sent me here ---and I'm excited to hear of all the good that that Lord is going to do! He is the author and FINISHER of our faith --what He starts - He finishes. I'm believing and will be agreeing in prayer with you that the healing that has begun will be completed.....from just that one drop of Jesus' precious blood!

Anonymous said...

I just love the things that you have already wrote and I think your blog will be a great hit. You have a testimony to share and will have a greater one later.