Friday, August 31, 2007

More News!

First of all, let me apologize for not blogging sooner. I absolutely have not been up to it. Since Tuesday night I have been in bed non-stop in quite a bit of pain.

We went to the new doctor on Tuesday afternoon and we really liked him. We were both nervous because 2 doctors and several nurses said that he's very difficult to get along with. It surely didn't seem to be that way to us. We were thankful.

What he said was that there are multiple masses in my abdomen and pelvis. I thought (hoped) that they were cysts, however, he said that I am too old to have cysts.

He was going to take all of my tests downtown to Karmanos. He has a particular radiologist that he is confident of reading them.

He says we have two options: 1: surgery - or leave them. He prefers not to have to do surgery, but in my opinion, I don't believe these things can stay here. Lots of pain in my abdomen.

We asked him if I have surgery doesn't that mean that as soon as you would open me up wouldn't that mean it spreads when the air touches it. That is a myth he said. What really happens is that once you cut on someone it opens up entire new blood supplies to the cancer. So myth or not, it doesn't sound good at all.

I have to meet again with the Oncologist on Thursday. Barry & I aren't sure I will make it that long until I would have to have something done.

If you were one of the 29 people that came to our house on Monday to pray, thank you. If you prayed where you were. Thank you. It was an awesome move of God.

My appetite is not anything like it used to be but I am sure that the doctor will put me on that stuff again.

Now even though they are giving me doom and gloom, I am still expecting healing! Remember BY HIS STRIPES. STOMP!!!!! STOMP!!!!! STOMP!!!!!

Love you all! Will write again when I am up to it.

19 comments:

Margie said...

I seriously thought they would do the test and there wouldn't be anything there. Maybe God knows someone needs to see a "bigger" miracle, I can't wait to see what God does with all this.

I love yo. Be well.

Pat said...

This only makes us pray even harder. I didn't think that was possible - but apparently it is!! You've got the Army of God out here that's going to be cooking, praying and taking care of the two of you, so be still and know that God is with you and know how much we all love you.

Amrita said...

worried about you Arlene.Pray the pain goes away.

Mrs. Mac said...

Holding your hand through cyber-space! Hugs and more stomping!
Sounds like you have quite an army taking care of your family's needs and praying up a storm.

Trish said...

Arlene and Barry~ Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace,
Flowing Down From the Father Above
Sweep Over My Spirit Forever I Pray
In Fathomless Billows Of Love!!!!

I love you!!!

MSU gal said...

i'm prayin' for you too lady!
thanks for posting and updating us.

Amrita said...

Its just one thing after another Arlene. Are you going for the surgery? pray the pain goes away.

O Lord touch Arlene

Sara said...

praying and if it is possible; im madder at the devil than i was before! i am going to stomp him and then re-stomp him and then dance on his head when we get the miracle report! BY HIS STRIPES!

Deb said...

Arlene --Please know that if I could, I would be there with my annointing oil --praying for that Holy Spirit Fire of HEALING to fall on you! KNOW --that we continue to pray for you here in Pennsylvania and continue to stand with you in agreement --knowing that the enemy is defeated! Cancer has NO place in your body! We are declaring that by His Stripes!!!--you are healed!
God bless you my friend! --sending a HUGE hug your way!
Love you! Deb, Brillo Man (Randy) and Olivia too!! Olivia says "Mom, that nasty old devil just has to leave her alone!" She's praying too!!!

Terry said...

I was not one of those 29 people that were praying at your house dear Arlene, but rest assured there are a great many people praying for you!!! I am in that great crowd somewhere!
Love Terry

Anonymous said...

I had a friend whohad pain in her abdomen, and had huge growth inside...maybe it was cysts, because she was around 20, but I can't remember. Anyway, she had the operation, and she was in pain for a year after...so much so that her mom had to watch how many Advils she took. Maybe you could ask the dr. about post-op pain. That was her experience, anyway.

I am praying daily for you.

Rose

Pat said...

Still praying and sending my love.

Tonya said...

I was not at your house Arlene, However I was praying for you, and will continue to pray for your healing. By His Stripes..

Amrita said...

Dear Arlene, How are you?

Dear Jesus watch over Arlene

Pat said...

I'm so happy to hear that your treatment is working so well and that you are once again able to eat. Praise God that you will soon be home from the hospital!!! Our prayers continue every day. By His Stripes!

Trish said...

Glad to hear you are home and doing
better! Praying as always!

Love you both!!!

Terry said...

Oh You are home Arlene!
So glad to hear this!!
I come everyday here to see how you are doing and here Miss Patty and Trish have such good news..
Praying that your strength will increase!..Love Terry

Amrita said...

Thinking about you Arlene

august032012 said...

my precious friend you are healed...you are so so healed and remember what Ronnie said.."God is your lifeline right now" I know he is going to do what he promised. Thats no hill for you to climb...because your a climber! This battle is the Lords!

Love you!