Friday, August 24, 2007

Something New!

Something new has come up. I posted that I haven't been feeling very well and now we know why. My stomach has been hurting for a little while, but because it has masked itself as a UTI we couldn't possibly have been ready for what it really was. I began bleeding along with this UTI and it really wasn't bad at all, I just figured it was part of the UTI, it was not red blood, kind of brown. Not so!

The Uro-gynecologist called me late on Wednesday and said that they could get me in on Thursday at 11 am. Ok, we couldn't seem to get a referral because my primary care doctor didn't know the reason Dr. Momin wanted to send me there. Finally at 10:40 yesterday morning I found out that the referral was ok'd.

I got into this doctor and he was so nice. What was better for me is that my sister's daughter-in-law's sister works there. That made me comfortable, well at least as comfortable as I could be.

We weren't there long and the doctor came in. He told me he was gonna put this probe in me and see what was going on. I wanted to tell him that I didn't need him to check my tonsils. I mean that thing seemed so long. As he was probing I was yelling. He pulled out the probe (finally) and said that there was too much blood and fluid. The blood was red. Not good. He sent me downstairs immediately to have an gyn-ultrasound. ANOTHER probe. That was didn't hurt. The lady was very gentle. They sent us right back upstairs to the doctor. We were there only about 15 minutes and the doctor called us back in. He had already called my Oncologist and informed him what he found.

They found multiple tumors with the largest one being 13.9cm. Barry asked him how big that is and he said for two of his fingers it is 3cm. He said it is the size of a cantaloupe. He also said that it HAS to come out immediately. He also said the lining of my uterus is quite thickened. Not a good thing either. He said my Oncologist was waiting for me across the street...off we went. Oh yeah, one of the first things he did say is that it is not definitely cancer, although suspicious. He must have told us that at least 3 times...how encouraging!

The Oncologist said first of all, this is not definitely cancer...he told us that a few times also. He said that it could be cysts. I have to have a CAT scan on Tuesday morning at 7:00 am. Then I will possibly see the surgeon on Thursday. They are going to call me with that. I will probably have surgery the next week, if not next week.

I just got off the phone with the Cancer Center to see if I had to go get blood and no, I don't. My platelet counts were good. The doctor was concerned that I may have lost so much blood that I would need a couple of units of blood today but thank the Lord, I don't! That would have taken at least 6 hours. I didn't think I lost that much blood but what seems like a little to me may have been a lot!

Although it doesn't sound good, that is when God can and does work in these situations.

Do we understand this...absolutely not. Are we still gonna stand strong...absolutely!

What we are asking is for everyone to join us in prayer. If you can join us on Monday night before I have to have the CAT Scan on Tuesday morning, that would be wonderful.

Another thing is that I have gotten several PET Scans and Barry asked the Oncologist if this showed up in the last PET Scan which was July 3rd. Nothing was there at that time. I can't believe I could grow a cantaloupe that quickly!!!

Love and appreciate you all and all of your prayers!

By His Stripes....Indeed!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a journey you've been on Arlene and what resolve to believe and honor our Father through each step of it. May God give all you need to get through this ... and He will! He gives strength for the day and before we call oh Him, He answers. What a blessed truth that is!

My love to you and Barry, always.
Louise

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks so much, Louise. I love you and appreciate your stedfastness!

Pat said...

Praying on Monday, and every day and NEVER EVER believing for anything but His total healing.
By His Stripes!!!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks Pat. I know I can always count on you. Love you!

KayMac said...

hey there. praying

Anonymous said...

Arlene....

Good grief....my friend...a cantaloupe !!! I am praying for you and have many others right behind me....He is always with you...know you are loved and being lifted up to HIM every moment...

Love
donna

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you thanks to Donna letting me know about it. Your Comforter is as near as your breath-keep Him busy! He loves it when you do that.
God's peace be with you.

John

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks, Kaymac. I appreciate it so much.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Donna, thank you so much for everything. Thank you for your prayers and concern. The good thing is that I am in very little pain and that is wonderful. God is good all of the time.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

dublinheart, I can't thank you enough for those encouraging words and Yes, I will keep Him busy. Thank you!

Trish said...

I love you and will continue to pray, will be with you in spirit on Monday!!

JEREMIAH 17:14

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall behealed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art praise.

Trish said...

Arlene and Barry,

Do you want us to gather at your home and lay hands on you? If so, let us know?

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow the 25th is Terry's birthday, Arlene!

Sara said...

standing against cantaloupes! BY HIS STRIPES!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Trish, I think that would be a wonderful idea for everyone to come together again to pray. Please just let me know what time and then pass the word along. Everyone is welcome! I love you and thanks so much.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

I started eating a bite of cantaloupe and just starting laughing! STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!!!!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you anonymous for letting me know it is Terry's birthday today.

jel said...

am and will bee praying for ya!

huggs :)

craziequeen said...

Hey Arlene, came here from donna's blog.

I had multiple large non-cancerous tumours removed in a hysterectomy 11 yrs ago. I remember the absolute fear and the horror - so I sympathise with you.

When I asked the surgeon about what they had taken out, he told me, chuckling, that they needed a bucket rather than the usual kidney dish! Oh, and that my uterus was the size of a rugby football....

There is life after tumours....

[keeping you in my thoughts]

cq

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm sorry to hear about it, Arlene; thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers and thoughts as you continue with the tests. I came by way of Donna's blog.

Jim said...

Arlene, like I said at P. Pals, I will pray especially for you and the medical staff Monday night.
I pray for you nearly every day.
..

Rebecca said...

TOY at this time,let us know what is happening. Mellons are made of water and disappear quickly

Felisol said...

Dear Arlene,
I have and will be praying for you.
Yours Felisol

Sara said...

6:00 monday the troops will gather at your home!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the tip.
I'm praying for you, and will be Monday evening!

Carol said...

Prayers heading your way from down under.. xx

Jada's Gigi said...

praying with you, sister

Margie said...

praying for you! Phyllis and I will try to be there.

Kell said...

Praying.

Neva said...

I came via Donna's site. Wanted to let you know that I am praying for you--asking God to grant you safe passage through this lifestorm.

Peace
Neva

Amrita said...

Dear Arlene, will pray for you thru all this. may the make his presence very real to you and Barry

Mrs. Mac said...

Making a post it note right now to remember about your prayer request for tonight. Love, Mrs. Mac

Deb said...

Arlene,
We are praying for you!
KNOWING that God is a God of miracles. Our prayer is that He be glorified through you. We stand on His promise that by His stripes you ARE healed!
...sending a huge hug all the way from Pennsylvania!
Love, Deb

Jim said...

Still praying, Arlene! And checking around (Pals and here) for word on your surgery.
God has blessed you, He loves you and is caring for you now.
..

Anonymous said...

How did the MRI go?

Lil Pilgrim pal

Ally said...

I don´t know you personally but I was forwarded here by another blog and just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you... Pls feel free to drop by and visit me anytime!