Thursday, August 9, 2007

Food


Ok, we are sitting here at the Cancer Center waiting to get this infusion of Erbitux. Apparently Dr. Momin forgot to write the complete order for the drug, so we wait. There is a call into him currently. I don't know if he forgot or if he didn't write it until he found out about the blood tests.


As I was writing this the nurse just walked in and said she still hasn't heard from the doctor but that my CBC came back and it was good. She said as a matter of fact, it is good enough to frame...thank the Lord. That means the infection is gone. Now we just wait. It is 2:10 and we were supposed to be done by noon, but now we are still 2 hours away...it gets pretty frustrating! Apparently the pharmacy hasn't sent the anti-body yet.


Anyway, while we were sitting here, Barry was looking on the Internet on his computer and he said hum...I said what and he said I was looking at some chicken to smoke. I started laughing at him. I told him that all he thinks about lately is food. You see, he bought himself a smoker back a couple of months ago and he uses it alot! I mean a whole lot! The food tastes so good! He loves it. He loves to barbecue and he loves to cook and NOW he loves to smoke...food.


So far he has smoked a turkey; smoked ribs (several times), a brisket, a pork butt and hamburgers. Being that I don't particularly care for meat, it's not a big deal to me. He is getting ready to try some chicken; pork chops, some steaks and jerky. He's so brave. So far the only thing he didn't care for and took an enormous amount of time, was the pork butt. He made pulled pork out of it.


If you have smoked anything lately (besides your smoker, Duane, let us know and maybe Barry will try it!


Hungry yet?

13 comments:

Sara said...

hungry always my friend. especially hungry for the update on today's treatment. BY HIS STRIPES.

jel said...

no, not hungary , it is to hot here to think of food!


sorry you are having to wait!


huggs

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

After they finally got in there with the anti-body, everything went well. I am not sick at all and feel really good. Keep praying those stripes! It's coming!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

jel, so sorry that it's that hot there. We are pretty good here. It finally cooled down a little, still some humidity but the heat is not bad!

Sara said...

hallelujah! continuing to pray on. now drink lots of fluids. as you know, i am a dr. ;)
BY HIS STRIPES!!!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks, Dr. S. How are you feeling?

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh that Sara ... she tries to be everything all rolled up in one ;) Glad to read your CBC was good and that your are feeling well after your treatment. The smoked food sounds yummy ... send some my way please.

Pat said...

Glad the treatment went well...
don't know if you guys like fish, but that's also good in the smoker, but I have to say, I think Barry's covered it all!

Trish said...

Tom hates to cook! Maybe I should by him a Smoker!
Everything Barry's made sounds Yummy!
Glad to hear your treatment went well.
Praying, as always!!

Love you both

Rebecca said...

Yes, for the pulled pork.....that is one of my favourites.....

Amrita said...

Hallelujah. the Lord is good.His has you covered.

The food made me hungry, and i 've just had dinner. My BIL smokes pork on an open wood fire.

KayMac said...

good news on your cbc! praying for you. and yes, now i am hungry...lol

Angel said...

Glad the cbc was good and that you are feeling better! Keep on keepin' on my sister!!! I'll have to have my husband try his new smoker. He's only using the grill, so I'll give him a gentle nudge to get that smoker goin'.