Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update Again!

I went in the hospital from the day after Labor Day until the following Sunday. The Oncologist decided once again to do chemo but knows that I have to go into the hospital because the dosage is more than many can take. He told us that one time he ordered chemo for me the Pharmacist called 3 times to verify the amount because it was so large.

Anyway we were at the Cancer Center today and the doctor asked me how I felt, I told him that I felt pretty good. He asked me if I was having different kind of pain for this or that and I told him no. He then asked me if I had back pain and I said yes. He said that is from the Nupregen (sp). shots that they have been giving me. Those shots are for building my blood levels. Well, as you can imagine that made me feel better.

Since he gave me the chemo at the hospital the pain almost completely stopped in the abdomen. It was so bad before the chemo that if we went over a bump in the road, I would have to hold my stomach because of it.

He told me today that I will be hospitalized again next Thursday and will begin chemo again. When we asked him how long I will be in the hospital he said don't even ask....and smiled. He told us to go do anything we wanted for the next week and live life to its fullest. I have to tell you I felt like a "bird let out of a cage".

I am striving to learn to remember that I am to listen to what God says and not man. The doctor without a doubt, is an awesome man and says that he can't understand why people don't recognize that God has given him the ability to help heal people. He recognizes that it is not him, but it is God. That is awesome!


Again, I apologize for not updating you guys sooner but I really haven't felt like it. I have hardly checked my emails or anything. I just haven't been up to it.

We both SO appreciate your prayers, concern and love.

Please remember us in prayer next Thursday again as I enter this very hard zone...not what I want to do but I do want to live and declare the works of the Lord.

Thank you all that have visited me at the hospital, the cards, the phone calls, the flowers, oh my goodness. Barry and I were talking today about the incredible feeling of being overwhelmed from so many people being so kind.

By the way, if you come to the hospital to see me my name is listed as Nora Wilburn at Oakwood in Dearborn.

If people with cancer have blood levels that are below a certain level, they are not allowed to have flowers, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables. The reason for that is the pesticide levels that may have been sprayed on them could cause you to get very sick. I would assume most of you don't know that because I surely didn't!

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Arlene & Barry, Good to learn you are home. Pat shared the good news via a phone call to my Mom's this morning.

How I wish I could give you some of my blood levels! Mine are so high I go once a month to have 500cc taken out and it has to be destroyed. Amazing how our bodies work, isn't it?

You are in the prayers of so many and we know God will see you through each step of this time in life for your good and His glory.

Zephaniah 3:17 says "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save; He will take great delight in you, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Just think dear ones, He sings over YOU!

Much love to you both.
Louise

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you so much Louise. I appreciate you keeping up with me cause lately I haven't felt good enough to send emails to everyone like I used to. What a WONDERFUL scripture! Thank you for all of the prayer too! Love you!

Trish said...

Glad to see you are strong enough to give us an update and that the pain is better.
Go do something you and Barry love to do!!
Praying, as always!

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!
By His Stripes!!!

Felisol said...

Dear Arlene,
I am crying and praying for you.
so much pain and this long fight.
I give you the best promises I ever have received.
From Isaiah 45: 2 and 3
2"I will go before you and make the rough places smooth;
I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
3"I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden wealth of secret places,
So that you may know that it is I,
The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.
I have found my most valuable treasures in darkness and in secreet places. I pray that you will do too.

Pat said...

Where ever you are - any time of the day or night...you are covered in prayer by those of us who love you, and our numbers a large.
While we're praying, we're stomping the devil and he is becoming dust beneth our feet!
By His Stripes - The blood of God has given us the victory!!

Anonymous said...

I can never remember all the right scriptures at the right time...it's all I know is I have a lot of love in this ole heart for you....and I suspect God is the one who put it there, so that is verse enough for me....prayers are continually being lifted up to our Father; He is faithful...rest in His love...

Love and hugs,
donna

Amrita said...

si glad to hear from you Arlene.Reality is not finality.May God be with you and His holy angels watch over you.A bog hug to you.

KayMac said...

Hey there, we are here for you and praying and believing right alongside you!

Mike said...

SO THANKFUL THAT GOD HEALED YOU !!!

Terry said...

Dear Arlene..
So glad to hear your voice again!..Love Terry

ancient clown said...

Blessings:

Jesus tried to teach people that it was by their FAITH they were healed. There are natural remedies such as "cannabis" that is a medicine GOD made..not man.
Even such a simple exercise such as deep breathing can make a world of difference on our bodies and their ability to heal.
I would share the wisdom that mind, body & soul are connected as ONE, and when one shows illness it is from imbalance in the other two.
THAT is where you need to direct your attention and healing.
Doctors are not healers and only give you band-aids, and drugs you would be better off without. Not to mention that 90% of all surgeries are unnecessary.
I hate hospitals because that's the last place you go before you die. Not a great track record as far as I'm concerned.
your humble servant,
ancient clown