Thursday, August 2, 2007

Health Update!

I haven't felt very good maybe the last three or four days and just couldn't figure out what it was. I am trying to learn to take cues from my body. I haven't had a fever and have kept going but just felt kind of yucky.

Today I went to begin the new routine of Erbitux. It is something that I don't want to do, but am sure it is needed. I weighed myself at the Cancer Center and found I lost another pound since last Thursday. I haven't had much of an appetite this week. Then I discovered why.

I believe that I have another Urinary Tract Infection. They checked for that and didn't have the results when I left. My White Blood Count was 15.4, which indicate infection. I also have been coughing some and ask the doctor about that. He sent me for a chest x-ray and I don't have the results of that yet either.

He could not give me the Erbitux today because of the infection. He did however, give me an hour worth of antibiotic. He also gave me a prescription for the next 10 days for the infection.

He does want me to come back next Thursday to begin the Erbitux.

I may get a call tomorrow from the doctor's office and maybe not, just depending on what the x-rays show and what the urine test shows. I don't think they will call if he has given me the right antibiotic. So many now are specific to what is wrong with you.

You know, I am so excited to hear Cancer Free!!! I am so ready too.

Love you all!

BY HIS STRIPES!!!

9 comments:

Pat said...

Boy, you have one tough system! When I saw you and Barry at Walmart the other day, I thought - wow, its 93 degrees, I'm talking to you in the parking lot and you look terrific! By the way, I finally remembered where I parked my car!
I too am waiting to hear "Cancer Free" and I am just anticipating that wonderful day. We'll have the biggest celebration ever!! By His Stripes!!!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Amen!

Trish said...

I agree with Pat, you are one tough cookie!! You look great! Urinary tract infections make you feel yucky and tired. We will hear "Cancer Free" and then we have to PARTY!! By His Stripes!!!

jel said...

and ya are a blessing too!



huggs

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks to all of you!

Margie said...

I think you are already cancer free, I don't need some doctor to tell me. You're healed sister.

Stripes

There will be a cake in your honor tomorrow.

Sara said...

cancer free in heaven, and on earth as it is in heaven. BY HIS STRIPES! praying for those test results right now. love you bunches.

passing-thru said...

WE ARE BRINGING THIS PETITION again and again before HIS THRONE -The Author of THE BOOK, said to me thru the BOOK , that HE knows of our every need and that HE ANSWERS even before we ask . THE AUTHOR said that HE will INTERCEDE on your behalf, directly to the FATHER, HE will not entrust your petition to any other , HE ALSO SAID , "TO BE ASSURED"

Amrita said...

Lord Jesus, heal Arlene and keep her strong and healthy.