Monday, July 9, 2007

Thank You All So Much!


We want to take the time to thank you for all of your very consistent prayers and ask that you keep them up. God has been good to us and we so appreciate it! There are still some issues that I am asking God to take care of.

Just to let you know that Saturday, after the doctor told me to live my life like I am used to, we went to an Outreach that our friend and her church was sponsoring. It is our hearts. We love doing this. It was an 8 hour time slot in near 90 degree heat and I was able to sit there the entire day. Only one time did I feel like I had to get into the car to cool off. This Outreach was done in Detroit, Michigan for those of you that are from other countries.

We did this behind a barber shop because there is generally lots and lots of "foot traffic" there. There is a liquor store right down the street.

We used our sound equipment for the event and are always so pleased to be able to do ANYTHING for the Lord. Thank God. We have another friend that has a church that we will most likely help on a couple of Fridays each month.

Then there are the prisons we can't wait to get back into. God has been so good to us and we are both thoroughly convinced that you are all part of the healing that is taking place in my body from the prayers that you have prayed. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

For each of you, our prayer is that God will bless you (and He will) for praying as consistently and as heartfelt as you have. The Word says that He bottles our tears up. Wow!!!

God bless you all. You have become so precious to both of us. Love you!
By His Stripes!!!
Barry & Arlene

9 comments:

passing-thru said...

I AM HUMBLED BY YOUR SERVICE TO HIM - and your husband too --

I would be interested Arlene in hearing your testimony - when and how U were "saved"

May the Lord keep U on my heart to pray --- U have been thru alot lately, would I be wrong in saying to go easy on your missionary efforts ( I feel like the enemy in even mentioning that - lol )

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

passing-thru, let me put my testimony together and I will send it to you. It will probably take a few days. I have needed to do that anyway, so now you just help motivate me! Thanks.

I do understand what you are talking about when you say go easy. I know I have to use wisdom while going through all of this. I appreciate your concern and prayers! BY HIS STRIPES!!

passing-thru said...

Thankyou Arlene - and I should have mentioned Barry more also --

my email Arlene is --
passing-thru@hotmail.com

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

passing-thru, I'll get on that. Barry doesn't mind. He's so great..he keeps saying it's all about me. He's so not offended or jealous. We are one and everything we do, we do together. People that know us, rarely say one of our names without the other because we are so close. Not a problem at all!

Pat said...

I thought your name was "BarryandArlene"! :)
How amazing to hear this after seeing you a few weeks ago when we all gathered for prayer. God is truly working a miraculous healing in you. Continue to use Godly wisdom - I'm counting down till we meet for lunch!

Sara said...

we love you guys so much. i count it MY privilege and honor to stand with you guys the same way you've always stood with us. in your healing, i am healed too because you are a part of me. God is renewing us together in Him. BY HIS STRIPES!

Anonymous said...

Loving God and Life is a new idea for me.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Anonymous, It's been an awesome life for me. You should try it! If I can help you in any way, let me know!

Amrita said...

You participated in the outreach in the 90 degree heat. I am amazed, i wouldn 't be able to last more than an hour. God bless.