Thursday, July 26, 2007

Results from Today's Doctor's Appointment

This was my three week check up since Dr. Momin told me I would not need to have chemo for at least 3 - 4 months.

I told him that I was having some pain in my right side. It was not bad pain, but still not comfortable either.

He had me lay down and he checked the liver and said he could find nothing. He would kind of hit on the side in different places and had me breath deeply and he could find nothing.

He said I do not need any more chemo. He does however, want me to start again on the Erbitux. The Erbitux is an anti-body. When I was taking the last chemo, I didn't get to take all of the Erbitux. The Erbitux proves that it has been working because when it is working you break out like you have acne all over your body. It is very itchy. If it doesn't work (shrink the tumors) your body will not break out. It does look very ugly, but if it works it is worth it.

The doctor will do another PET Scan in the middle of September to make sure that the progress is going well. I am sure that it will be!

We still need all of your prayers. We do believe that healing is mine!

Please visit Lisa's blog
www.ifyoucanseewhatisee.blogspot.com they are in need of serious prayer right now.

A family that we ran into at the Cancer Center, Carlyn and Ron Rife, need prayer too. They admitted him today. The nurse told us that we really need to pray for him. He is not doing good at all. He looked awful! Ron is the reason that I found Dr. Momin. His sister and I have been good friends since we all got married 29 years ago. Today they discovered her white blood count is only 3.5. This is a sister and brother. The rest of their entire family has died. Their Mom and Dad, their sister and brother. All that is left is their children. Please pray for all of our friends.

BY HIS STRIPES!!! God is SO good.

11 comments:

Sara said...

God is so good. have prayed for the requests you mentioned. thanks for the update; you know we're waiting!
BY HIS STRIPES.

passing-thru said...

PRAISE GOD ARLENE --- THIS IS GOOD NEWS -- WONDERFUL

so many people need prayers and HIS HELP - May God touch these lives

Pat said...

A hearty AMEN coming your way! We continue to pray for you and those you mention.
A side note Arlene - Lisa's link isn't going to her blog - at least not when I try. I think it should be "can" instead of "Could" but I'm not for certain.

Anonymous said...

Continue to pray and will add those you mentioned...Praise God for your this news

donna

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks Sara, I appreciate your encouragement!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

passing-thru, thank you. You are so right there are so many in need of prayer.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Pat, thanks, I fixed Lisa's link.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Donna, thank you so much! You are a gem!

Margie said...

We're praising and praying and we're eating striped cake on the 4th!!

passing-thru said...

David requested prayer Arlene - thx so much - passing-thru

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thanks, Margie. I'll buy that!