Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blood Levels

When I got in for Chemo today, they told me that my blood levels were not good enough for my body to handle it. My White Blood Count was 0.7 my total blood count for white (which fights off infection was 0.0). That surely doesn't sound so good. The nurse thought he might put me in the hospital in isolation but he did not. They gave me a Neulasta shot, which should raise my blood levels within two days and will continue for at least a month.


I have to go to his office tomorrow at 1:30 pm. He may or may not hospitalize me at that time. I don't really want to be hospitalized but if that's what it takes to make me safe then I will do it, of course.


He also had the nurse give me a Solumedral (sp?) shot yesterday and today which helps dry up all of the rash. That rash is so ugly. My face had broken out and my feet and much more of my body that you don't even want to know about. It itches so much, but now is a lot better, thank the Lord.


We have had company the last 3 days including the barbecue, so I won't go any further into those friends. I explained that on an earlier blog.

Last night a very special friend stopped over and is beginning a church. We have been very close for years now. She ministers in the prisons with us and just has a true heart for God and his people. She doesn't want to do church and usual. Before she left she prayed for me and spoke so much life into me that when she did leave, I felt so encouraged. I felt like there is just so much for me to do and of course, I love doing it. We talked about a couple of things in our hearts (Barry & mine) and we hadn't done any of these things because we just didn't have a place to send people after we minister to them. Now this is silly that we didn't recognize it but she said, some water, some plant and some reap. You do what you can and God will do what you can't.

One of the things that God has burdened Barry with is going into Children's Hospital to take a gift to the sick kids. I believe specifically the cancer children. She was telling us go, attach something stating this is a love gift from LifeLine Prison Ministries and more importantly God. We would like for them to be able to contact us if they need further prayer...otherwise, our names are very unimportant. Barry has always felt to take Teddy Bears in, but after thinking it over, the fibers from the bears could possibly be something offensive to the immune system of the child. With cancer you never know.

She proceeds to tell us that she heard about a little boy named Brandon that was 5 years old with stomach cancer. She was so burdened for him that she put together a tape with music, jokes, stories and of course plenty of child-like Biblical teaching. He loved it so much, he asked his mom to play my tape often. She did finally get to meet with the child and his mother before he passed and she was so blessed that she had done that. She offered us a copy of that tape to transfer to CD and give to the children. Just look where God is taking us!

Then my thing is I have always loved the "Man on the Street" interviews. How easy would it be to go up to people and ask them questions like who is Jesus. Do you go to church, have you ever gone to church, why did you quit?

Finally I'm asking my blogger sisters and brothers if they can think of any questions that we could use.

We figure we can go to any park in the USA and ask these questions. She suggested Hart Plaza downtown Detroit. She said that these are very useful in ministering to the Saints before sending them out to minister on their own.

Of course, we still have the prisons that we can't wait to get back into...it's been way too long. I believe it's been like October 2006. See what I mean, when you have a passion burning in you and you can't release it. It's like fire shut up in your bones.

Today another friend came over and ministered to us. She loves God and wants to do His will so badly. She told us that whatever we want to get we could get it off the Internet at wholesale prices by pallets.

She also told us that in 2003 she was going through a particularly tough time in her life that the Lord gave her this: A bird never worries about what he eats, where he lives, where he goes or the storm. God warns them of the storm coming. (Maybe much like He would us if we would learn to be as carefree as the birds). They leave and go where they are supposed to during the storm. They are protected by the Lord, as we are. When the storm is over, guess what? They come running back and chirp happily again. The Word tells us to don't' worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. Wow! I've got lots of work to do. Gotta run for now!

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

PS: If I wind up in the hospital I will try to blog from there. Sometimes you can get Internet and sometimes you can't.

OOPS! I almost forgot the most important thing here - prayer!

I have several prayer requests (as usual).

I blogged last month about a family that lost their son Josh, to cancer. I am positive that they could use our prayers. They were happy to see him go to Heaven, but now I am sure they are feeling their loss. I haven't spoken with her since the day before the funeral, they live in Georgia. Their names are Matt and Denise.

My father-in-law's wife is paralyzed and he is 83 having to physically carry her to the bathroom and everywhere else. He feels terrible putting her in a nursing home, but doesn't see another solution. He is having kidney problems himself. His back and legs are hurting him terribly! Tonight we were made aware of some other things going on, no need to tell you but God knows.

My sister-in-law will be beginning a new treatment on the 5th of June for I believe MS. Please pray that it will help her and turn that condition around. I get it confused because my mother-in-law has the opposite, I believe CP.

Janae's father was rushed to the hospital with a possible heart attack.

Dennis was just diagnosed with Sugar Diabetes.

Tom and 3 of his co-workers are fasting and praying for Marty, another of their co-workers that wants to commit suicide. Tom said he looked into his eyes and it wasn't a pretty picture.

Luke's cousin tried to commit suicide and damaged her liver so badly that she needs an immediate liver transplant.

Still remember the lady in the hospital that her bones were aching so badly.

My friend Deb is going today to have 2 skin cancers removed. One on her arm and one much deeper one on her back. Please remember her.

One of our blog buddies says the heat is so great where she is that the roofers can hardly work. One of the workers felt ill today and had to come off of the roof. He has to work to provide food. They were able to orally rehydrate him. Still pray for them.

I personally thank each of you for praying. I am sorry I haven't visited many blogs lately. I have slept a lot and haven't been on my computer much. I have 192 unread emails if that tells you anything.

It seems like lately I sure have lots to say...sorry!


5 comments:

Pat said...

I know people flood your inbox with emails - because you are loved and for that reason I'm going to keep this short so you will rest and grow stronger.
We are praying for you - we haven't stopped , and we love you!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you so much!

Terry said...

I am going to make a list out of all those prayer requests.
The one that really touches me is your father-in-law.
This is such a heavy burden that he is carrying.
He needs prayer that he will have much patience and more physical strength.
Sometimes it takes a lot more love to put a loved one into a nursing home than to struggle at home.
I am sure that he would not desert her.
Your sister-in-law, with the MS..This is sad too.!

And you, Arlene, there you are sick yourself, and thinking about all of these people and taking the time to tell us.
We will help shoulder the weight with you dear Arlene.


Exodus 17:12..."But Moses hands were heavy, and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun."

Prayer Never Fails!!...Love Terry

Amrita said...

I will pray for all those requests and you too.wish i could also come over personally to see you

Rebecca said...

That is quite the prayer request list! It is a good thing that we can simply call out to the Lord and say "Help". I pray for courage so that you can continue with your treatments and for good friendships too be formed whilst in the clinics or in the hospital.