Monday, May 28, 2007

The Effects of Chemo

As you may or may not know I began this new regiment of chemo last Tuesday. This has been an extremely rough week, to say the least. The 1st 2 days I was so sick throwing up and all that goes with it. I couldn't eat at all. I had no appetite. On Friday I still wasn't feeling well and spent most of the day and night in bed. I did begin to feel better by Saturday morning, still not great, but better. Sunday I felt pretty good except for the fact that as I was brushing my teeth I had some blood in my mouth. Never a good sign, however, I did discover that the blood was only from brushing my teeth, thank God! How nerve wracking!

Sunday afternoon we did get to go out to dinner. I really began to feel good. Some people invited us over to their house that evening and it was a great time. It was the first time we had anything to do in months. It felt so good. Before we left, they anointed me with oil and everyone prayed for me. I know that God reached down His precious mighty hand and touched me once again.


Today I got up and asked Barry if we could have the people across the street over for a barbecue, knowing he would have to do most of the work. He was happy to do it. This is a family that reached out to me in love so much at Christmas time. They have a 9 year old and a 14 year old girl. It began about 20 days before Christmas and all of the sudden, I started getting packages each day. These young girls were my secret Santa's, but I never figured it out, nor would I have until Christmas Eve, they left my final package and a note telling me who my secret Santa was. What a surprise. It was so fun and definitely gave me something to look forward to each day. They, without a doubt, blessed my heart, soul and made my life full of anticipation. What a wonderful ministry. The other day they showed up at my door with a bouquet of red, white and blue flowers. You surely can't pay for neighbors like that!

They came over today and we all had a wonderful time. The youngest girl believes that God loves her so much that He would dare not grant her request, which is prayer for me and her grandmother, Sandy. I love it when children pray. They have nothing to pretend about, they are just so open and honest.

Anyway, I did get that nasty rash and it is nasty. My face looks like I have acne all over it, which I never had in my life. I can hardly touch my head because it hurts so much and I itch all over. At one point tonight, I thought I might just itch my skin off.

I have to go tomorrow at 2:30 to check my blood levels, so I can start this entire procedure over again on Wednesday. I believe I only have to take one of them on Wednesday, but will post more when I know more.

I did discover today that I probably shouldn't be out in the sun because it makes me "rash up" and itch so much worse. I love being outside, but I will have to abide with what my body is telling me to do.

Remember that I am still not giving up. I am still standing on God's Precious Holy Word for healing. I would be happy to have a miracle - that's a quick healing...putting everything back in place and fixing everything that is unfixed at this point.

Please pray that my blood levels will be where they need to be!


Thank you all for your concern and prayer. I love and appreciate you all!

III John 2 - Beloved I would that you would prosper and

be in health, even as your soul prospers!




7 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a rough journey. I was sitting here reading and thinking about it and praying for you and in the background of my mind (my own personal ipod) the old song "it is well..with my soul" was playing. As you continue to go through this treatment I pray that that song will be with you....He does give us a song in the night, as you know!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel like rebecca....as I was sitting here reading and singing "You are my all in all", one of my favorites....I am praying for you....

donna

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you Rebecca and Donna for your prayers. Also thank you for the songs. They always seem to help me. Please continue praying and I will blog again as soon as I feel like it! God bless

Amrita said...

May God bless you and heal you is my prayer for you.You are one courageous lady.Your neighbours and their daughters are God sent angels. God places such people in our lives to add to it color and fragrance.I 'll be praying. Somehow I feel your testimony through your trials will bring others closer to God.

Terry said...

Dear Arlene..It is 2 o'clock here and I have just read your post.
I will be praying for you.
I just googled and found that you were the same time as Southern Ontario.
They will be checking your blood levels soon
I pray for the best!...Love Terry

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Amrita,

Thank you for your prayers. I so appreciate them!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Terry, yes, we are only a few miles from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Tomorrow I begin the next antibody treatment at noon. I don't get my blood levels back until tomorrow. If I am up to it tomorrow night, I will blog again!