Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Mom

Hi, this is Arlene's daughter Amber. I wanted to let you all know how she is doing. Right now she is in the hospital for another round of chemo. She is doing pretty good. She had a very bad week last week. She was on liquid morphene and was having lots of trouble remembering things. My Dad took her off and within one day she was doing much better. She hadn't been staying up longer than an hour. Yesterday, three days later she was doing great. She stayed up for most of the day. She and my Dad came over my house for a visit, they stayed for two hours and she did wonderful. Shortly after they left, the hospital called and said her room was ready. She went in and got all set and started the chemo today. My Dad said she was nauseated but to the best of our knowledge she has not thrown up. They gave her some nerve medicine and she is sleeping now.

I am having a hard time thinking everything but if you have any questions you can leave them and I will try to check them and get back to you soon!

Love,
Amber

14 comments:

Amrita said...

Dear Amber,
I 've been thinking about your Mom. Thank you for updating us. Sorry to hear she has not been well, but glad she could visit you and is undergoing more treatment. Will be praying.

Please keep us posted, we are worried about her.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Thank you Amrita, I will update you when I know more!

jel said...

Have bee 2 thinking of your Mom,

y'all are in my prayers!



flybyhugging! :)

Louise said...

Thank you so much Amber for the update on your Mom. You're all in our prayers.

Rebecca said...

Thank you Amber for this update.. my thoughts and prayers are with you

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, Amber...I was worrying about your mom!
Lil Pilgrim Pal

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. I've been concerned about your mom. I sent her an ecard, and an email. She never responded, and I haven't seen anything new on her blog till now. God bless! Darlene

Mike said...

Thanks so much for the update Amber. Your entire family is always in my prayers.

Jim said...

Thank you, Amber, for the update. I'm sorry it isn't all good, but I'm glad your Dad is there to help so much.
And I have been praying since I met your Mom (blogging) and will keep on.
..

august032012 said...

Thank you Am! I love you all so much and am praying! I will call you later!

Pat said...

Glad to see you posting an update on Mom = I know you have nothing but free time with 4 kids!
We (Tom, Pat and me) stopped in to see your Mom but she was sleeping and we didn't want to wake her. We continue to Stomp the devil and claim her healing!!!
Love you all!

Amber Land said...

Darlene...my Mom hasn't even picked up her laptop in a month or so. I will let her know that you sent an e card.

Pat...I saw the note you left her. My dad said he must have been downstairs getting a bite to eat. I read her the note. I know if she appreciated you letting her rest.

Thank you all for your prayers. She really needs them right now.

Terry said...

Dear Amber...Thanks so much for the update
We have been worrying about how your mom is and now we can pray for her knowing exactly what is happening.
Amber do you mind if I posted your post on the Pilgrims Pals?
Just let me know OK?
So many peope are praying for her and your dad...
I have really missed hearing her voice! Love Terry

Amber Land said...

Terry, that would be fine with me. Thank you for caaring so much!